Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Look Out Of This Sign: F&N Sold Here

If you are above 40, you would have remembered the good old days when Fraser and Neave used to control the carbonated drinks market. Itself, with several brands such as Kickapoo and Sinalco, before Coke and Pepsi or Yeo's came into the picture, were the only drinks you get from coffeeshops - mamak stalls were not invented yet - if you don't like coffee or tea (and yes, Chinese tea ice were unheard of then)







I had a pleasant trip down memory lane when I spotted this sign along Jalan Air Panas. I don't know what this building is today, but it looked like a canteen to me and must have been one in the old days.





Anyway, up under the truss was this sign I have not seen for umpteen years. The colours have faded a bit though. This building is opposite Jalan Air Panas Baru, on the same side of the school and opposite Resource Springs.

No comments: